The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
Ingredients for making avocado pasta:
- 24 ounces dry pasta
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 3/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic Juice from half of a lemon
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
Directions for making avocado pasta:
- Cook Pasta: Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta al dente approximately 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, reserve 1 1⁄2 cup of the hot pasta water, then drain pasta.
- Mash avocado in a large bowl. Stir in the garlic and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved water.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, and green onions then toss until the pasta is completely coated by the sauce