The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
Ingredients for making Black Bean Quinoa Mango Medley:
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
Directions for making Black Bean Quinoa Mango Medley:
- Mix the beans, quinoa, corn, pepper, mango, onion, cilantro and jalapeno together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and turmeric together in a small bowl.
- Toss the lemon vinaigrette into bean quinoa salad, chill and enjoy!