The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
In Delray Beach, FL, and want to join us in person for Meatless Monday? We’re gathering next July 17th and you can get all the details here on Facebook.
Ingredients for Apricot Pistachio Baked Yogurt:
- 2 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups of sweetened condensed nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup of pistachio nuts, shelled and roughly diced
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Steps to making the yogurt:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the Greek yogurt in a sieve and let sit, covered, over a bowl for at least an hour in the refrigerator. Discard the excess liquid that drips into the bowl.
- In a separate large bowl combine the thickened yogurt and the condensed milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour yogurt milk mixture into a medium sized baking dish or individual ramekins. Bake in for 20-30 minutes, or until the yogurt is set. Baking time will depend on the size of the dish used.
- While the yogurt is baking, combine the honey and a teaspoon or two of water over low heat. Once the honey has melted add the apricots and pistachios.
- Cook honey apricot mixture over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the apricots begin to turn golden and become fragrant.
- Drizzle the honeyed pistachios and apricots over the baked yogurt. Enjoy warm or chilled in the fridge.