The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
In Delray Beach, FL, and want to join us in person for Meatless Monday? We’re gathering next July 17th and you can get all the details here on Facebook.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Buffalo Wing Bites
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into bite-sized florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
Directions for Cauliflower Buffalo Wing Bites
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Place the Panko crumbs in a small, shallow bowl.
- Make an assembly line with the cauliflower florets, the sauce and the Panko crumbs.
- Use one hand to dip the florets into the sauce then drop it into the crumbs.
- Using the other hand, coat the floret well with the crumbs and place it on the baking sheet.Once all of the florets are coated, use a very light spray of cooking oil to coat the tops. This will help hold the crumbs in place, as well as aid in their browning.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- If you have any remaining sauce, that can be lightly brushed onto the tops of the florets.
- Serve hot with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks.