The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
Ingredients for Chickpea Tacos
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced tri-colored mini sweet peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
Directions for Chickpea Tacos
- Add blue cheese dressing and avocado to the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in blue cheese crumbles. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Whisk taco seasoning and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chickpeas and peppers to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While chickpeas are cooking, begin warming the tortillas. Heat another large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat until hot. Cook tortillas two at a time for 30 seconds per side, stacking onto a plate as each one is done.
- After chick peas have cooked for 10 minutes, stir in seasoning/water mixture and cook over medium heat for 3 more minutes. Continue to stir occasionally.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with chickpea and pepper mixture, scallions, lettuce and dressing.