The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
In Delray Beach, FL, and want to join us in person for Meatless Monday? We’re gathering next July 17th and you can get all the details here on Facebook.
Ingredients for Easy Veggie Lo Mein
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha or chili-garlic sauce (optional)
For the lo mein:
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed
Directions for Easy Veggie Lo Mein
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain, toss with a bit of oil to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in mushrooms, carrot, celery, cabbage, and snow peas. Cook, tossing frequently, until the vegetable are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg noodles and sauce to the skillet, then toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.