The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most.
On June 19th, WiseTribe is hosting a Meatless Monday event at the Delray Beach Childrens’ Garden. In addition to celebrating the Monday, we will also be fundraising for a FarmBot in Delray Beach. RSVP and find out more on Facebook.
Ingredients Needed for Mediterranean Nachos:
- 3 whole wheat pitas, cut into triangles
- Olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup tzatziki
- 1-2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- fresh dill, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay cut pita triangles on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake for 6-8 minutes, until crispy.
- Layer baked pita chips on platter.
- Top with hummus, tzatziki, cucumber, tomato, and onion.
- Top with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Sprinkle chopped olives and dill over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!