The Wisdom of Meatless Monday
Meatless Monday is a global movement made up of individuals and local communities that share a commitment to address the health and environmental consequences of a meat-centric diet.
The simplest actions can unify us the most. So join us in taking one step towards sustainability by going Meatless on this Monday!
These One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles are SO good and easy to cook up.
Tools used in making One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles:
- Sriracha Sauce is a MUST! You cannot get the heat you need without sriracha. Store brand or brand name, it doesn’t matter- but do NOT skip it!
- A Colander is a must for straining out your noodles. I recommend leaving the noodles in the colander while you cook up the rest of the dish.
- Using a High Sided Skillet is going to make your life SO much easier. You will love this skillet and it can handle pretty much any one pot meal!
- Of course if you want an authentic feel, you should eat up with Chopsticks! Get yourself some reusable chopsticks so you don’t have to waste them with only one use!
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
- 8 ounces mushroom, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 TBS Sriracha hot sauce (this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don’t like spicy)
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water, salt, and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- 3. Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
- 4. Return large stock pot to stove, heat remaining 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- 5. Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- 6. Serve immediately.
- Notes: Serve warm or cold – it’s great both ways! If you want to add a protein, I suggest cooking it after the eggs and then setting aside. If you add shrimp, you can add that in towards the end, when there is about 2-3 minutes left with for the veggies to cook.